Friday, October 29, 2010

The only thing to get me out of my blogging rut

I know you can tell...I'm experiencing a blogging rut. Don't get me wrong...I got TONS I could blog about. :) I just can't find the energy or the time.

But this, my friends, is just what I needed. I needed something fabulous to get me out of my blogging funk. And, since it is Fab 5 Friday and I have missed a few Fridays...here you go.

5 Fabulous treats for your Halloween Party (These were all goodies at the Halloween party for my class. I planned them all, but I didn't make them all...I had some help from some fabulous parent volunteers.

1.) Ogre eyes: These are sugar cookies rolled in balls and then green sugar. Top with a bit of white icing and a black M&M. (By the way, did you know that M&M's are now sold in containers full of just one color? How fabulous is that? How many times have I had to buy several bags, just so I could pick out the color I wanted. Love it). Aren't they Ogre-ishly fabulous?

2.) Dirt cups: Not much is creepier than a cup full of dirt (chocolate pudding and Oreos) and worms. They were spookishly delicious.


3.) Ghost Strawberries: Just dip your strawberries in white chocolate. Let them chill so the chocolate can harden. Use black gel icing or a decorator's pen to give them ghost faces. Ghastly, aren't they?


4.) Mummy's: Ok. Really, just hot dogs wrapped in bread stick dough. They were mummified scrumptious. (I had to borrow this image from Google, because I forgot to take a picture of the real things, but they were just as adorable.)


5.) Ice hand punch: I didn't get to do this one. I just couldn't put one more thing on my plate, but I had such good intentions. This would have been adorable and would have thrown the party over the top. Just freeze colored water in a rubber glove. Peel the glove off and put the frozen hand in your punch. Oh well, there's always next year :)

It feels good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you