At first, LB wanted a dinosaur party. I was pumped. I searched the web f
or ideas, started my lists, and started buying little dinosaur things here and there. I picked colors and bought table cloths, plates, and napkins. I found some adorable cupcakes and lined up A Taste of Whimsy to make them for me.
Then. He changed his mind. He has become Spiderman obsessed and now he wants a Spiderman party. Ok. Change of plans. After all, it is HIS day. I purchased all of the paper goods at the Dollar Tree (did you know they have wonderful stuff like that?), so I don't feel too bad about changing themes. I hadn't spent a ton of money, but in my mind, I had it all planned out.
So, now. I have planning a Spiderman party. New colors. New games. New location. New cupcakes. New treat bags.
I am a sucker for adorable invitations. I have been since day one with BB. I like for them to be custom made and adorable. The invitation is sort of my starting point--it call comes from the invite. This year I found a great blog and showed how to make your own Spiderman invitations. Since I own a Cricut and I have all of the scrapbooking tools--I decided to give it a whirl. After all, I decided I was still far enough out that I could still order some if I wasn't pleased with them :)
This was one of my projects during fall break. I am quite pleased with the way they turned out. Not to mention...I saved a bundle of money. They were even cheaper than it would have been for me to buy some fill-in-the-blank ones. I caught scrapbook paper on sale for 1/2 of $0.59. Each sheet made 4 invites. I already had the tools--all I needed to purchase was paper, some white out, and one spool of ribbon. Pretty cheap.
LB thought they were pretty awesome, too.
Now, I am working on a Spiderman banner, some tall cardboard buildings for the cake table, and decorations.
It's getting close to party time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you