Are you ready for this week's money saving tip?
Homemade Baby food.
Yep. Wait. Don't flip out on me yet. Hear me out. Trust me on this one...it is so super easy and it will save you loads of money.
I never even considered making my own food with BB- being a first time Mommy was enough in itself. I decided to take on the challenge with LB. Let's just be honest- two kids are expensive. Baby food is expensive- especially when you are talking about a child who consumes more than your average babe. It adds up- FAST.
I researched online and found a simple recipe. I started off with just vegetables: sweet potatoes, carrots, potatoes, and yellow squash. Just steam boil your vegetables until they are soft. Place them in your mixer and add water to them until you get them to the consistency your child is comfortable with (lots of water for level 1 foods and very little water for level 3 foods). You can store your homemade baby food in a variety of ways. I selected to purchase tiny little Gladlock containers (they were about the size of baby food jars). If I had to do it over again, I would use ice cube trays- more information here. Fill your containers, let them sit in the refrigerator to cool, and then transfer them to the freezer. I worked on one vegetable a day and used tape to label my containers. Each evening I would transfer the veges from the freezer to the refrig to thaw for the next day.
There are some things you need to help in mind when preparing homemade baby food. Check them out here.
Super easy. You will be so surprised at how many meals you can make out of very few vegetables...which equals= more money in your pocket.
Not to mention- you will feel like Supermom :)
Summertime Sweets
2 months ago
I just don't know if I can do it! The time I tried with Addison, it was a flop! But, I'll hand it to you, they add up quick. So... I'll think about trying your tips... ;) And if I do, I'll let you know how they turn out!
ReplyDelete