You know those diets that are all about cutting carbs? Some even eliminate them completely. Well, I am hear to tell you that I would die. Seriously. I would. My diet is comprised of carbs...and chocolate.
Bread. OH BREAD!!! I love bread. I love restaurants that serve me bread. I love restaurants that serve me fabulous bread and delicious butter. I get full before my meal has even thought about reaching my table. I am, quite possibly, a bread-aholic.
We had dinner with a sweet little family a few weeks ago and the Momma served up some mean garlic cheese bread. I was hoping no-one noticed that I ate 4 slices...and then ate the leftovers from my children's plate...how dare they waste it. This stuff was so good that I was thinking about it days later.
So...here it is folks...
-bread, of course
-melted butter
-garlic salt
-Parmesan cheese (the kind in the green can)
1. Melt your butter.
2. Sprinkle in some garlic salt.
3. Mix in some Parmesan cheese.
4. Stir.
5. Spread of the delicious bread of your choosing...the bread makes all the difference here...you GOTTA have fresh yummy bread.
6. Bake at 350 until the bread is slightly brown- the key is to have crispy edges, but a soft buttery/garlicy/cheesey center.
Add this bread to whatever meal you are preparing. I used it as the base for pot roast and potatoes the other night. I also sloped some through spaghetti this week. Come to think of it- I think I had some as a meal one day :)
Summertime Sweets
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you