This, folks, is a true story. You can't make this up.
BB and LB are all about Toy Story these days. A while back, BB conned his Pappaw into sending him $35 to buy a Buzz Lightyear action figure (just the plain model...the one that doesn't do anything fancy...can I just say that Disney is making a fortune off Toy Story. I personally know this as a fact!). We ever imagined that LB would want one also. It took LB a while to catch on the Toy Story fever, but once he got it...he got it bad. He loves Buzz. One Buzz was no longer cutting it.
We tried making them share. You know...you get it for 5 minutes, then it's your brothers turn. BB understands this and does really well with it. LB...DOES NOT!!! But, after all, he is only 23 months old. BB didn't share at this age either.
Big Daddy had a wonderful idea. Well, at first I didn't think it was so wonderful. We had already purchased BB a mega Buzz Lightyear for Christmas. One that interacts with you, turns it head, lights up, makes all kinds of noises...you know...a REALLY cool one. Big Daddy's idea was to break out the Christmas Buzz for BB and pass the original Buzz to LB. Like I said, I didn't really like this idea at first. After all, we had spent a good chunk of change on the super cool Buzz...if we gave it to him early we would have to buy another gift for him...and the entire idea made me feel like a bad Mom for not forcing my children to share and get along...
Well...after days on end of listening to LB scream and cry over Buzz I broke down.
"Get the Buzz out!!! Let's give it to him and maybe LB will be quiet!!!"
I will have you know that the original Buzz totally looked like a pile of poop compared to the new one. LB wanted NOTHING to do with it. I mean...who would??? The screaming continued.
"Quick!", I say, "Go to Walmart and buy the kid a Buzz that is exactly like his brothers."
So, Big Daddy and LB loaded into the car, went to Walmart, and purchased, yet another, Buzz Lightyear.
And that, my blog friends, is why I will ALWAYS buy my children the exact same gifts. ALWAYS.
Summertime Sweets
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you