Friday, March 18, 2011

New things happening at our house

I probably shouldn't speak (or type) of this--BUT, our children have hit an easy spot recently. Well, I shouldn't say EASY, but EASIER.

Here are some things Big Daddy and I have noticed going on recently--

1.) Going out to eat isn't quite the chore it used to be. We are actually able to go to a restaurant that has a wait time, wait, sit, order, talk, enjoy our meal. It feels nice.

2.) I don't feel like I have to chaperone every second of bath time. I just move the rugs and towels far away from the tub, and let them splash on. While they do that, I frantically run around the house trying to fold laundry, do dishes, return phone calls, etc.

3.) Going to church has gotten easier. No one cries anymore when we leave them. Both boys are all smiles when we leave and when we pick them up.

4.) I can take BB to the grocery with me and it isn't a production. He rides in the cart until there is no room left, then he walks and talks beside me. (I wouldn't go so far as to say going to the store with both of them is easy--haven't gotten that far yet--maybe for a QUICK trip, but not the regular grocery shopping.

5.) Playtime is more fun. The boys have finally learned to share (most of the time) and how to play TOGETHER. We love to listen to them interact with each other. That's not to say they don't have arguments or forget how to share--these things are just getting fewer and farther between.

6.) Both boys are learning the art of sleeping in. LB sometimes calls me in his room in the early morning to cover him back up and then he says, "go night night" and goes right back to sleep. This is very much appreciated.

I love babies. I love the baby stage. I am also learning to love this new stage--it's pretty enjoyable.

Keep it up boys!!

What has changed???

Well, because the boys are playing so well together--they are also getting pretty darn good at destroying their rooms and the house--quickly!!! I typically wait until bedtime and we all make a mad dash to clean it up before bedtime. Pretty soon these boys are going to have to take a more active role in this :)

1 comment:

  1. Just started following your blog, and I love it!! I can so relate to this post, I have a 6 and 3 year old!! I am gathering from your post you are either a KY resident or watch KY b-ball, I am from KY and a HUGE fan as well and also my maiden name is Compton!! Small world!!! I have a blog as well that I just started, check it out if you want!!! http://smelling-the-rosesharbison.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you