Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Mom

Happy birthday to my Mom!!! I'm pretty sure she is 29 today :)

This woman is incredible. She loved me and molded me into the person I am today. She was the one that created the fire inside me to teach--and she fed it's flames with her extraordinary example.

Mothering? At it's finest. Everything I am as a mother was learned through her. I didn't understand her or appreciate her near enough until a little boy entered my world. He opened my eyes to her greatness.

Compassionate. More compassion in her pinky then I have in my entire body. A true example of what it means to be the hands and feet of Christ.

On this day I am also thankful for her birth mother. A selfless woman who wanted more for her baby then she knew she could provide. If she is alive today, I know she remembers this day--a mother never forgets. Whoever she is, she would be honored by her daughter, no doubt.

I'm also grateful for her parents. The sweet couple who prayed for her very life long before it came to be. A couple who loved her before they laid eyes on her and had a spot reserved in their family just for her. The ones who took her as their own and never looked back.

Finally, a loving God who orchestrated the whole thing. Who created her in His image. Who made her fearfully and wonderfully. And who gave her to me.

Happy birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you