Ever feel like your kids are working against you? We had one of those nights last week.
Big Daddy and I are determined to get some alone adult time each evening after the boys go to bed. So, we attacked our evening with a plan. This particular night, we had it all figured out. It was a perfect plan. One that would have us alone and with the kiddos asleep by 8:30.
I cooked dinner. We ate. We cleaned the kitchen. BB and Big Daddy played Mario Brothers on the Wii. LB and I wrestled on the bed in the other room. We bathed the kids. Cut toe nails and fingernails. Cleaned out ears. Played a little more. Ate a snack. Sat down and watched a 30 minute show to calm down before bedtime. Read a few books and tucked the boys in bed. Most nights they are out within moments of hitting the pillow. That night? Nah. Of course not.
Both boys rolled around in bed, talked, and couldn't get settled. LB wanted to sleep in our bed. We aren't going there, so I went next door to put him in the bed with BB. BB wasn't there. He was in our room with Big Daddy trying to go to sleep. So, LB and I laid down in BB's bed. More tossing and turning. LB finally gets to sleep about 10:00. Big Daddy walks in the room with BB and up LB pops. Grrrreat.
Turns out, in the midst of the two hour bedtime drama, Allie had a seizure. She feel off the bed, lost consciousness, and was seizing pretty bad. So, that got us all up and out of bed. The boys were all worried about the dog and it only took them a minute to drag out the crayons and paper so they could make her a card. Yep. Card making at almost 11:00.
We finally get to bed. LB and I in one bed and Big Daddy and BB in the other. So much for adult time. Sometime in the middle of the night, I moved back to my bed. A couple of hours later, LB called me back because he was uncovered and cold. Turns out, he had also peed in the bed. Grrreatt.
I did what any fabulous mother would do...I change his clothes and moved him to he other side of the bed. Mother of the year right here ;)
Another hour later, BB starts a coughing attack. He can't stop. So, up again for medicine for him.
By then, it was 4:15ish and the alarm goes off at 5:10. Yeah. The snooze button got hit quite a few times that morning. Thank goodness it wasn't my morning to wash my hair.
Big Daddy and I had a chuckle about our night and both agreed that caffeine was a MUST for that morning. No worries--I opted for coffee--so, I didn't break my no carbonation rule.
Summertime Sweets
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you