This is a new one. I kind of took a few things I heard about, plus my favorite childhood memories and combined the ideas to create something that would work for us.
We are busy. Like everyone else. But, I want us to take time to slow down and be together. To enjoy each others' company.
S0...Thursday nights seem to be the evenings that we are the least committed. So...I instigated Fancy Fun Family Night.
For the fancy part--I cook for my little family and we enjoy our meal fancy style. We eat in our dining room, on place mats, with our fancy china, and fancy stemware. I also use the fancy china to serve our food. We enjoy a nice meal. Play a little Awesome and Awful.
And then the fun part begins.
Everyone write/draws a picture of something they want to do for 15 minutes as a family. We put all of the papers in a bowl. Then we draw one out at a time and do it.
Fancy and Fun.
We eat well. We talk. We play. We spend time together. No tv. No phones. And, I get to use our fancy dishes that have been collecting dust for 10 years :)
Summertime Sweets
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you