Thursday, August 4, 2011

First manhood step complete

I don't know if you realized this or not, but for a short while in one's life it is physically impossible to pick your nose. Did ya ever think about that? Well. It's true. For the first, sometimes several, years a child's finger is too big to fit in those little holes. LB had no knowledge of nose picking. But, as you mothers know, it is a skill that develops naturally.

LB was sitting in the back of the car the other day and he had a HUGE boogie hanging out of his nose. I couldn't reach my hand back and grab it and it was driving me crazy to see it just laying there. So, I asked LB to use his finger to get it. After a few seconds of fumbling around and maybe a demonstration he got a treasure on on his finger.

I wish I could accurately depict with words how his little face lit up. A smile took over his entire face, his stretched his arm out to display his prize, and his voice was high pitched when he exclaimed, "I DID IT!!!! I DID IT, MOMMY!!"

He then proceeds to pick his nose over and over and eventually was quite disappointed and sad when there was nothing left to drag out ;)

Welcome to the first step in becoming a man, son. Next up, arm farts and burping on command.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you