LB had a check-up appointment at Vandy this week for the treatment of his severe acid reflux. Big Daddy's number was up to take him, but I got an unexpected snow day (and he didn't...haha) so I took him.
Big Daddy advised me to take BB to school instead of letting him tag along too. BB is hating school these days and I just can't bring myself to make him go there one minute longer than he has to. (Nothing against his school. They are great. I don't know what has gotten into BB these days. He just wants to stay at home all the time.) So...I decided to big girl it up and take both my boys. I don't do this often. My children are both very well behaved, but it is just hard to manage both of them alone (diaper bags, holding hands with one, carrying another, taking one to potty...you get it).
We got to the doctor - 20 minutes early at that. I wasn't rushed or stressed. It was nice. BB politely held my hand on the way in and LB toddled along too. We excitedly rode the elevator, signed in, and headed for the play zone. (Yes, Nichole...I let my children play in the play area at the doctor...don't judge!!!!)
The boys were happily playing when our name was called to register. The desk wasn't from the play area and we were only the second ones in the room, so I left the boys to play while I paid our co-pay etc.
Of course, beginning of the year insurance issue arose. "Do you have a new card? Has there been any changes since your last visit? Who is the primary policy holder? Can I copy your card? How much is your co-pay? Ok, ma'am our computer isn't wanting to accept your information."
WHAT???? Everything is the same. Nothing has changed. Why won't it work?
Meanwhile, I spy LB squatting in the corner with a very suspicious look on his face. He makes his way towards me and I smell him from about 15 feet away. I sent him back to play. Then, BB makes his way over and informs me that he has to poop. RIGHT NOW!!! He can't hold it any longer. All the while the little receptionist continues to ask questions- despite the frantic look on my face and that I am now answering her questions very snippy-like. And BB continues to pull on my leg and beg to go potty. The receptionist gets someone on the phone for me to talk to about my insurance. And I am annoyed. And I really just want LB to stink up the entire office and for BB to poop in the floor.
**We did finally make it to the bathroom. I left a nice stinky diaper in the trash that I am sure had the entire room engulfed within 2.5 seconds. BB made it to the potty on time. Oh, and by the way...where do you put a 14 month old in the bathroom while you wipe your 3.5 year old's booty? Sorry, Nichole...he was playing in the floor. I know. Shame.**
Summertime Sweets
2 months ago
So gross! :) We are potty training though... so I can somewhat understand your predicament with two. Drew is still small enough to stay on my hip while I finagle Addison one-armed!
ReplyDeleteAnd, yes, I do let Addison play with the toys at the Drs office. I don't like it... but it's easier to give in than to fight her! Lots of "germ jelly" afterwards!