I've been trying desperately to lose some weight. I have dropped 7.5 lbs. (I have already lost the 2 I gained back while on vacay!)--and, yes, the .5 is VERY important :) I am using the My Fitness Pal app on my iPhone. If you don't have an iPhone, but are interested, there is a web based program. It consists of a strict 1200 calories a day, plus exercise. I've had to get really creative with my food because it is really easy to use up 1200 and not fill full!!! So, here are my top 5 foods that are fabulous to me these days.
I have already blogged about my protein shake, so I am going to exclude it from the list. It's probably the most fabulous part of my day. 110 calories every morning for breakfast+delicious+filling=you can't beat that.
I have also already blogged about my addiction to boiled eggs. However, the yellow part is really high in calories. I have since cut the yellow part out. Each boiled egg white is only 15 calories--I eat 2 a day :)
So--here's the real post!
1.) Fruit: Every morning for snack I enjoy fruit. Fruit is delicious and low in calories. I alternate between 1 cup of grapes or 1 medium granny smith apple. Just what I need to hold my belly over until lunch.
2.) Pringles Low Fat Sour Cream & Onion chips: Yum-o. 14 chips=70 calories. I eat 14 for lunch every day. Meets my chip craving.
3.) Healthy Life bread: I'm also a bread girl. I found this jewel and I am so thankful. Only 35 calories per slice. It's still soft. It's still delicious. I make a sandwich with 2 pieces every day for lunch. Sometimes I even use it for garlic toast for dinner.

4.) Light and Fit 50 calorie yogurt (diabetic friendly kind): I'll admit--I had to acquire a taste for this--I was used to "the good stuff". I'm hooked now. This is another part of my daily lunch. Only 50 calories (there is also a vanilla that is only 45 calories).

5.) No Sugar Added Blue Bell Vanilla ice cream: Ok--maybe I need to take that back about the protein shake being my favorite part of the day. I think this is. I saw it at the grocery and went out on a limb and bought it. You never know about no sugar added stuff--however, this is FABULOUS!!!! 1/2 cup=100 calories. That is good news to this Momma with a sweet tooth. I was raised in the south where you gotta have dessert after every meal :) I can't shake the habit. I eat 1/2 to 1 cup each night after dinner (size depending upon how many calories I have left). Totally delish. Sometimes I eat it with a 20 calories ice cream cone. Most nights I eat it with a 80 calorie dessert shell and about 1 tsp. of sprinkles :) Makes my evening and my belly happy.

Have fab foods I need to know about??? Please, tell me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you