Friday, July 1, 2011

I'm sounding more and more like my parents

I think parenting has lowered my IQ. Yes, in many ways I am a much brighter person, but aside from losing brain cells during pregnancy, I think my kids are making me dumber ;) At least I feel like it and I sound like it a lot of times.

You know, saying things like...

  • "Just don't look at him. You know he doesn't like to be looked at early in the morning" (true story!)
  • "I don't want anyone to touch anyone else. You hear me?"
  • "Finish your chips and then you can have your dessert." (Big Daddy always laughs when I say something like this. They are CHIPS--yes, I know. It's the point of eating your dinner!)
  • "Why? Just because I said so."

I'm also really good at random head nodding and fluctuating the sound of my "Oh" to make it sound like I am hanging on their every word. Don't judge. You gotta do it too.

Sometimes it takes 10 "Mommy's" before I answer. I swear I hear the first 9, my brain just doesn't process a response.

However, my favorite is when Big Daddy says something to me like this--at a restaurant--"I'll be right back. I gotta go pee pee."

Always makes me giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you