Happy 4th!!!
I've always loved fireworks--from a distance. My conservative, nervous, antiadventuresome self struggles with upclose fireworks. You know, one could get loose and burn down the entire village ;)
But--they are beautiful. Something about them just makes my soul smile and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
There was one particular 4th I was feeling VERY different. There was no love in my heart for those big splashes of color in the sky. Big Daddy and I had a one month old BB. New parents. Exhausted parents.
We had JUST gotten BB tucked in for the night---then THEY started. Both of us went into hyperactive Mommy and Daddy bear mode. We paced the house nervously. We ranted to each other about what we were gonna do if those fireworks woke up our baby. I swear, I was so mad I could have punched a wall.
Instead?
Instead, we called the cops. Fireworks were illegal--and we were in a neighborhood. No shame in our game. Straight up called the PoPo.
And they stopped. Thankyouverymuch.
We have ourselves a little chuckle each year thinking about our first July 4th as a family.
Summertime Sweets
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you