Friday, June 19, 2009

Saving Money One Card at a Time

Two facts:

I love to scrapbook.
Cards are expensive.

Soooooo, the past few months I have been making my own cards using my leftover scrapbooking supplies. Now, I am no pro at this, but it is quite additive. I purchased a box of larger, fancy envelopes and a big pack of 12 x 12 white card stock. I cut my white paper to make cards that would fit nicely in the envelopes. I use my paper scraps, extra ribbon pieces, leftover stickers, and my Cricut to decorate. The best part, I get to customize the cards to fit the person/occasion (oh, and of course, the saving money part).

Here are the 4 cards I made yesterday (2 for Father's Day, and 2 bday ones). I figured I saved us about $12-$15 (cards are usually about $3.99 each - or at least the ones I buy - I am a sucker for cute cards with embellishments on them)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you