Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Small Homemade Gift Ideas

I always need a bunch of little gifts at Christmas time. You know, for Sunday School teachers, special area teachers at school, mailman, neighbors--you get the idea. You want to get these people something, but you don't want to spend a million dollars. And, you don't want your gift to say, "I only spent a couple of bucks on you."

Last year, a sweet friend and I made coasters. We bought cheap tiles at Lowe's, cut out letters on the Cricut with cute scrapbook paper, used Modge Podge to seal on the letter initial, and then added 4 felts pad to the bottom of each to protect the furniture. We tied them together all cute like. They were adorable.


So, what to do this year? I found a super easy recipe on Pinterest for a sugar body scrub. Go here for the recipe. I'm gonna whip this up, throw it in some mason jars, slap a little sticker on it, and be done.

Here are some more ideas:

Homemade bath fizzes


Homemade lip balm - I may add this to the body scrub because this one is SUPER easy.

Shoot me a comment if you have any other ideas.

1 comment:

  1. These are some great ideas! A girl at my school came up with the idea of a Pinterest exchange. So instead of buying gifts for our grade level we are going to exchange a gift and an edible treat from Pinterest. One girl is making the body scrub and I'm thinking about making soy candles. We'll see how it goes! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you