I was all excited about it. I found a picture on Pinterest and fell in love. I picked out the two colors of paint I wanted to use. I got my laser level ready. I got some painters tape. I was ready.
Then...
I worked on it one afternoon.
And I didn't get very much accomplished in the time I worked. And I don't like that. And it was tedious. And my ADHD was kicked up in high gear. So, naturally, I quit. I walked out with his room in disarray, with his furniture all moved to the center of the room, and I quit. His room sat like that for over a week. He had to sleep with us because he couldn't get to his bed. And I sulked. I knew what I had to do, but I just pushed that right to the back burner. And I worked hard on other things. I painted our bathroom. I painted the entire upstairs. I organized. I completed a few Pinterest projects.
Then--it got ridiculous. BB started asking when I was going to finish HIS room. (Because LB's was completed within the first week of us moving in.) People started putting pressure on me. Truth be told--I was waiting for someone to fly in and rescue me--someone to finish it or, at the very least, help me. I finally caved. I spent the first full day of my spring break finishing the dang stripes.
Here they are.
Pointers in case you are crazy enough to tackle something like this:
- Paint the entire room the lighter color first. This makes things go much faster.
- Consider doing an accent wall instead of an entire room.
- You MUST have a laser level. MUST.
- Peel the paint off right after you paint. Don't let the paint dry--otherwise it might peel off some of the paint and you don't want that.
- Go with horizontal stripes. Vertical stripes are MUCH worse.
- Make wide stripes--these were 15.5 inches each. (Measure your entire length of the wall and then divide by how many stripes you want. I did 6 stripes.)
- Get some good help. You don't want to be doing this project alone--promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you