Monday, April 16, 2012

Where are my chains?

Sometimes I go looking for them. Some days I look around and wonder why I'm not shackled to them. Isn't that silly?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want them. But, sometimes, it feels like they just should be on me. Like I should be drowning in sorrow. Like I should be moaning out in pain--in hurt. Like I should be angry at someone. Like I should be consumed with mistrust. Like my heart should be filled with hatred.

But I'm not. Praise God, I'm not.

Does it make sense when I say it feels like I should be?

When I start looking...When I stand in awe and wonder why I feel so free...I am reminded of His promise.

If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36

He set me free. And I am free indeed.

I don't know about you, but I like looking for my chains. Because I never find them. And then I am reminded of the One who sets the captives free.

I. Am. Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you