Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Not MY babies he won't

I remember when Big Daddy and I were going through a very difficult time in our marriage our pastor told us that it was the devil's sole mission to destroy our marriage.  To destroy it.  To end it.  Why?  Not because of us.  Oh, no, he didn't care about us.  Our salvation is already guaranteed--we already have a spot in heaven.  So, why would he even bother with us?  Seems like a waste of time.  Why?  Because, at the time, we had a sweet newborn in our house.  The devil wanted our son's salvation.  When I heard those words I was infuriated.  My baby.  My newborn.  He knew that if he could destroy our home sweet BB's chances of being redeemed by his Maker would drastically decreased.  So, it wasn't us or our marriage he cared about--it was the baby.

OH! NO! he didn't!!!

I remembered being ticked off at the very thought.  My baby?  Not my baby.  That was a defining moment for me.  It reminded me that my salvation was already secured and that the devil was trying to get to my son through me.  My determination went through the roof that day and I decided I was going to do whatever it took...

This past Sunday I sat in church and wept (like I do most Sundays) as we sang "Mighty to Save".  In my head I was sticking my tongue out at that nasty devil and reminding him that he didn't win.  He didn't get baby.  He doesn't get him.  My baby's salvation in secure.  Forever.  Regardless of what he does from now until the day he dies.  The.devil.didn't.win. 

BB asked Jesus to be his Savior on Easter Sunday and his spot in eternity is secure. He won't ever taste death

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. John 10:27

I've got one more precious baby's salvation that he is after.  I'm praying and teaching, waiting and believing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you