I'm not ready to be in a swimsuit. (sigh) But, since I would look pretty crazy in a sweatsuit on my float, I decided it was time to get my butt in gear.
What to do? What to do?
I went with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Why? Simple. 30 days--20 minute daily workouts--3 different level options.
Yesterday was day 10. Only 20 more days.
My thoughts?
I love it.
- I love that it is only 20 minutes--when you take off the 1 minute warm up and the 1 minute cool down it's only an 18 minute workout :)))))) Now, it is an intense 18 minutes, but I can do just about anything for that long and my endurance is getting better each day.
- Another thing I love is that it doesn't require you to have any fancy workout supplies. All you need are some hand weights. I have a couple of sets that are different weights. If I'm struggling I use the lighter ones, if I'm feeling like a champion I use the heavier ones.
- Results come quick. Now, I'm not saying I am completely shredded yet, but in just 10 days am already toning up and I feel a lot stronger.
- I should have done a before picture. If you do this DVD, take a before picture. You will want to see how your body has changed.
- That Jillian is ONE tough cookie. She doesn't play. I'm glad. Some days I want to punch her. Others days she pushes me to do more--to push myself.
- There are 3 levels to pick from. 3 different workouts. I started with Level 1. After about a week I was ready to move on. I am working in level 2 now. I plan on staying here for a while because it is quite the challenge.
How are you getting ready for swimsuit season? It's right around the corner.
EEK! I need to get ready for swimsuit season. I may try this. I did P90X pre-Jones, but I just can't do 60-90 minute workouts everyday!
ReplyDeleteI am sure you look great! :)