Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hot Chicken Salad & Cappuccino Pie

I took care of my family much better this week. I made several dishes, but this Hot Chicken Salad was my fav and, once again, it was so easy.

Hot Chicken Salad
-2 cups of boiled chicken, cubed
-1 cup of sliced celery (I left this out)
-1/2 cup slivered almonds
-1 cup of mayo
-1 tsp. of salt
-1 tsp. of pepper
-2 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
-1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese
-2/3 cup crushed potato chips (I used Ritz crackers instead)

-Preheat oven to 350
-Combine everything, but the chips. Mix together.
-Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan
-Put chips (or crackers) on top
-Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly

Cappuccino Pie
-1 Oreo cookie pie crust
-1 small package of vanilla instant pudding
-1 cup of Cool Whip
-3 tbsp. of instant coffee granules
-1 cup of cold milk

-Prepare pudding as package directs using 1 cup of cold milk
-Add coffee granules and stir until lumps dissolve
-Mix in 1/2 of the Cool Whip
-Pour in crust
-Chill for at least 2 hours before serving
-Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of Cool Whip

1 comment:

Let me hear from you