Monday, September 21, 2009

My Home Away from Home...

School has been back in session for about a month and a half now. I have a great little group of kids. These were the same babies I had in first grade my first year of teaching. It is neat to have them again and to see how much they have grown and changed over the last four years.



This is my 3rd year teaching 5th grade and I am finally feeling adjusted. At first, I really missed my little baby first graders...now I love these 5th graders (attitudes, hormones, rolling eyes and all). They are so much fun to teach. I could do without the whole testing pressure thing, though :)


My first two years my classroom was PLASTERED in posters. Seriously. Every inch of my classroom was covered. SOOOOOO not my style. You know I am a cutesy girl. Last year the state said they had to come down. YIPPPPEEEEEE!!! That meant I could have a cute classroom again.


I worked hard this summer to make my classroom inviting and fun. Ok...maybe it looks a little too much like Barney purple, but I love it :)

So, here it is...my home away from home





My little shrine to my family :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you