Tuesday, October 6, 2009

One night down, 20+ more years to go...

As I have confessed before, we caved early on and let BB sleep in our bed. We even upgraded to a king sized bed to accommodate the three of us. Bad decision on our part. We were so sleep deprived. We wanted sleep...no matter the cost...if it meant our baby slept with us, then OK.

Now, Daddy and I want our bed back.

Will made a proposition to BB the other night. It went something like this.

Daddy: William, you need to sleep in your own bed.

BB: Why?

Daddy: If you want a wife one day then you need to start sleeping in your own bed.

BB: Why?

Daddy: Well, to have a wife you have to sleep in your own bed. Mommy and Daddy don't have enough room in their bed for you and your wife.

BB: I want a wife.

Daddy: Well, then you have to start sleeping in your bed.

BB: OK

And he did. That night he slept in his own bed. The next morning he asked Will...

BB: I slept in my bed. Daddy, when's my wife going to be here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you