Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Things I said I would never do or let my kids do...

Write it down. If you say you will never do it...you will. If you say your children will never do it...they will.

Here are a few of the things I said I would never do and my kids would never do...

1. I'll never have little boys. I'll have a house full of cute little girls with little hair bows in their fabulous hair. Why? Cause I am such a girly girl. - I have two boys and no hair bows. (but I wouldn't trade them for the world)

2. If I have a little boy, I will not name him George William Compton IV. Will not. The madness must end at some point. It will stop with me. - My first child, a boy, is George William Compton IV.

3. I would never call a child by his/her middle name. That is so stupid. A child's first name should be what you are going to call him/her. - George William Compton IV goes by William.

4. My child(ren) will never sleep with me. Sorry about it. Tough love. Children must stay in their own beds. - William slept with us from around months 3-9. Wade slept on top of me for the first 8 weeks of his life. Now, William sleeps with us every night.

5. My child will never pick his boogers and eat them. If he tries it, I will spank him until he stops. (This statement was made while watching way too many first graders pick and eat boogers.) - Of course, you know William began picking his boogers and eating them. I couldn't find a way to stop it.

6. I will never call any child of mine a nickname, such as Bubba. - I call Wade "Brother" more than I call him his actual name.

I have learned to keep all such statements to myself, for fear that they will come true.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that's funny! Dawson (my seven year old) still sneaks in the bed with us. I learned from him that we were Not going to let Avery in the bed with us. Didn't happen...she crawls in our bed too. Most of the time it is all four of us sleeping in our queen bed all night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will and I had this goal to get William out of our bed this summer (while we didn't require as much sleep). Summer is slipping away quickly and we haven't even attempted to tackle this situation. Ughhhh...we are both soooo dreading it, so we just keep putting it off...AND, secretly, we both love to cuddle up next to big brother at night. He won't want us to for long :)

    We did upgrade to a king size bed when we moved...we could forsee a full bed in our future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've heard you say a few of these!!

    I know, sister. I know. I eat my words all the time..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you have, Emily!!!!!!! There's probably a bunch more too :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you