Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Murray has to eat his dinner

This was, seriously, our conversation at dinner a few evenings ago. Will and I were laughing under our breath the entire time this was taking place.

A few things you should know:
1. William loves The Wiggles.
2. William is known, around our house, and the 5th Wiggle. He is green.
3. Murray Wiggle wears a red shirt and likes to play the guitar.
4. Anthony wears blue and likes to eat. He especially loves to eat fruit salad.
5. William likes to pretend like he is The Wiggles. If he is wearing a yellow shirt, he is Sam. If he is wearing a blue shirt, he is Anthony. If he is wearing a red shirt, he is Murray. If he is wearing a purple shirt, he is Jeff.

Got it? Stay with me here.

Me: Alright, William, go get in your seat. It is time for dinner.

WC: I don't have on green. What color do I have on, Mommy?

Me: Oh, you have on red. Sorry, Murray, go get in your seat. It is time for dinner.

WC: Murray doesn't eat. Anthony eats. Murray just likes to play his guitar.

Me: Well, Murray has to eat. Go get in your seat.

WC: Anthony eats. I don't have on blue. I have on red.

Me: Murray has to eat so he can be stronge enough to play his guitar. I am counting to 3 and if you are not in your chair, I am going to spank you.
1, 2, 3. (Murray gets a spanking and is placed in his chair.)

WC: (crying) But, Murray doesn't like spankings. He doesn't get spankings.

Me: Oh yes, he does. When Murray doesn't obey, he gets a spanking.

WC: But, he doesn't like spankings.

Me: Well, then he needs to mind. Eat your chicken.

WC: But, Anthony eats and he eats fruit salad, not chicken.

Me: Well, if I make you some fruit salad would you eat it like Anthony? (knowing he will never agree to this, I get out some grapes from the fridge). You want some grapes?

WC: Not grapes! Fruit Salad. You cut it up and stir it.

Me: You want me to make you fruit salad?

WC: I don't have on blue. I have on red and I like to play my guitar.

Me: All The Wiggles have to eat. They all have to be strong to sing and dance.

Daddy: I'm finished eating my dinner and I am ready to play outside.

WC: Who is going to play with you?

Me: Daddy, Wade is done eating. Wade could go outside and play with you.

WC: But what am I going to do?

Me: Eat your dinner. You can't play outside until you eat all of your dinner.

(Silence and Murray gobbles down his dinner in about 2 minutes.)

WC: Murray is ready to go outside with you Daddy!!


Another point for Mommy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious, So how many kids do you actually claim on your taxes......2...3...4...5...6...7????

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you