Friday, July 31, 2009

Difficult hair

I got my hair cut Wednesday afternoon. I love my new hair stylist, Marty, at Salon Panache. She is fabulous. She always makes me feel like a million bucks (hummm, maybe because it costs nearly that much...beauty ain't cheap).

So, Marty tells me that my hair is the most difficult hair she works on. She said, not only is it difficult to cut, it is difficult to style.

News flash!!!! I have been knowing that for YEARS!!!!! YEARS!!!!! For years I have been struggling with my hair. It has curl, but not enough to wear curly. Parts of it are straight, while other parts I have to fight with to pull out. Evidently, it is also full of cowlicks. It grows up in the back, which makes a nice little rat tail that grows faster and longer then the rest of my hair.

Did I mention how coarse it is? Like horse hair. Or how thick it is? Thick enough that if I don't blow dry it, it will still be wet by bedtime and will mildew. Yep. Difficult hair. What about the gray hairs? Everywhere AND they stick straight up. And it grows at record speed.

Where did it come from? My Dad and her Mom. My dad has the cowlicks, both have the nasty Brillo pad hair, and both grayed early. Thanks.

Who did I pass it on to? William. Bless his little heart. Big ole' cowlick in the front that is impossible to work with. His hair felt like a cow's hair, from birth. No baby soft hair for him. He was getting hair cuts around 3 months old because it was growing so fast. It has the curl (totally fro potential). He has a classic rat tail. And, I have never seen hair stick to anyone's head like it does to my sweet William. Solution? We buzz it down.


At least he has that option. Beyonce's sister might can pull of the buzzed look, but I don't think it's for me. It would cut down my getting ready time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you