Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Baby steps towards heathier living

I'm making baby steps towards healthier foods for my family- I'm working on myself, but I am a pretty tough case to crack- they are still babies and can easily be molded.

My big switch...whole wheat pasta. My friend challenged me to try it. I did. I couldn't tell a difference. I didn't even mention it to my family and they couldn't tell a difference either.

LB already eats organic yogurt and I purchase low fat meat (I just don't think I can switch to turkey burgers and such...I LOVE meat!!!). I don't keep carbonated drinks, teas, or anything with artificial sugar in the house- only juices, milk, water, Diet Rite (cause it is made with Splenda), and V8. I have even been putting flax seed in our smoothies...how's that for healthy living? Baby steps, remember!?!

I don't think I am going to go all health-nut-organic full force, BUT I am up for making some easy and healthy changes.

Got any simple changes for me?

1 comment:

  1. whole grains!!! And eat a handful of nuts before eating a meal..

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you