Monday, March 8, 2010

A sneak preview of things to come

This weekend was Gorgeous - with a capital G. We played outside with our boys in the most amazing weather from Thursday all the way to Sunday. The sun was shining, the sky was blue, and each day the temperature got a little warmer. Bliss. Pure bliss. I am so tired of being stuck in the house with the gray sky and the cold weather.

We played and played. We rode bikes. We rode in the little red wagon. We pushed them in the swing. We played in our little *clubhouse* and watched the boys open and close it's door a million times. We blew bubbles and drew with chalk. We even played in the sandbox. (Basically, we did everything except bust out the kiddie pool- but I am ready for that.) We wore our sweet boys out. Each day they came in filthy dirty, snotty, hungry, and exhausted. Such fun.

The last few days have given me a sneak peek of things to come. I am so excited about the fast approaching summer with my boys. LB was too little to enjoy last summer, but boy do I have a feeling he is going to have a blast this year. I'm ready for grilling out (we are year round griller-outers, but I am ready to enjoy eating outside), playing out side all day, going to the lake, and soaking in the sunshine.

BB has asked each of these beautiful days if it is summer yet. Not yet, baby...but it's coming. OH, it's coming. And I am so pumped.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you