Well, it finally happened.
One night last week, LB joined us in our bed and slept with us half the night. I was shocked.
That night he kept crying out. Over and over. Which is so not my LB. I knew something was wrong. I went and rocked him for a while (another miracle...he isn't a rocker) and he slept on my shoulder. He went sound asleep several times, but he would wake up clinging to my neck each time I tried to lay him down. Finally- I gave up, grabbed his pillow, and headed for our bedroom. Big Daddy made room for him between the two of us and I quietly eased him down...fully expecting him to pop up like he always does. He didn't. He slept soundly there until morning.
LB--don't get used to it. Mommy will have some compassion every once in a while, but we are not starting a new trend. When you get just a smidgen bigger and you want to sleep with someone...BB is your answer :)
***One of his molars popped out the next day.
Keeping with sleeping issues:
This week, in the middle of the night, I heard BB screaming for me. By the way, does this scare anyone else half to death??? I ran to his room and he asked me, so sweetly, "Mommy, don't you want to lay by me?"
Oh, yes...of course. I was just thinking about how much I wanted to leave my fabulous mattress to share a full sized bed with you while you twist and turn in the covers all night.
I slept the rest of the night with him.
Summertime Sweets
2 months ago
we will miss these days when they are teenagers! :-)
ReplyDelete