Thursday, February 17, 2011

A can of black spray paint

I've always heard people talk about buying things cheap and then spray painting them. It always made me nervous. See, OCD people, like me, get nervous about unpredictable things like spray paint. I prefer a paintbrush--you know, something I am in control of :)

So--my sweet friend at school mentioned that THEY say, "You should have something black in every room of your house." Well, I don't know how THEY are, but I want to do what THEY say :)

Anyway--with all the snow days around here, I had to find a project. I broke down and purchased a can of semi-satin black spray paint. Let me just say, I have had so much fun with that can.

Here are some of my projects:

These candle holders were originally the solid amber glass. I put some tape around the base to create a barrier for the paint, then I sprayed the bases black. I <3 them so much more now.

These canisters had brushed silver lids--they kind of stood out like a sore thumb because they were so shiny. Took care of that.


I'm most proud of this. This frame was white and had the words "Family" at the top. It never really matched my decor. I sprayed it then I used my Cricut to cut out "Compton". Finally, I put some Mod Podge on top. Fab-o.


I also purchased a big "W" for the boys' bathroom. It was gold and didn't match anything. I took a can of brown spray paint to that thing.

I'm obsessed. This opens up a whole new window of opportunity for me. :)

1 comment:

Let me hear from you