I stole this idea for Summer Fun Jars from Amanda's blog. Click here for link to craft.
Around 11:00 am each day, summer starts to seem endless (yes, I know--I am only 2 days in--pitiful!). I have to have a plan. Yesterday's post was a start. So, what about the dead time? The time between my plans? Like after nap, but before Daddy gets home?
That's why I love this idea. (And, yes, I plan on also make the daily grab bags.)
I made it my own. Instead of 3 jars, I did 2: an indoor fun jar and an outdoor fun jar. The kids and I brainstormed a list of things we like to do indoors (Play-doh, puppet shows, painting, reading, hide & seek, etc.) and a list of things we like to do outdoors (bubbles, sprinkler, kiddie pool, trampoline, etc.), then we cut the list apart and put the activities in their respective jar. For me, it was imperative that we have an indoor and an outdoor jar--cause, let's face it, there are some hours of the day that I do NOT want to go outside. This lets me not feel bad about my kids drawing an "outdoor" activity when Momma's not feeling it :)
I spray painted the lids of my spaghetti sauce jars with my precious black spray paint. I used my Cricut to cut out circles, then I layered and labeled them.
So--go for it. Steal this idea and create your own jars.
Here's the back.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you