And, this season, I happen to be the mother of the cutest little player on the court.
And it's not just me. My crazy family joins us each weekend for BB's game. I am sure we are quite the sight. Most weeks we have 5 people cheering BB on--but there have been a few games with 7-12 people in attendance. The boy can't ever say he isn't loved and that he doesn't have a HUGE fan base. And cheer? Oh my. You have never heard such. We cheer and yell and clap. Yep, we have become THAT family. And, honestly, there is no shame in my game. I'll yell and cheer all day long for that sweet baby boy of mine.
If you have never watched a team of 5 and 6 year olds play basketball, I suggest you find a team to watch pronto. Trust me, it will do your heart good.
Another thing that brings a smile to my face this season is the coach--Big Daddy. Big Daddy is the most competitive person I know. He loves nothing more than winning, basketball, and the Wildcats (which happens to be the name he picked for his team). I love to watch him pace and coach and encourage and love his little team.
So, this weekend was the last game. BB is bummed. We are bummed. It has been so fun. I am already anticipating next season--and that's big coming from me.
What's next? BB isn't interested in baseball--good thing!!! He says he just wants to focus on basketball. I've got a few ideas on how to keep him busy between now and then, stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you