Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Heart's Desires

Trust the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires. Psalm 37:3-4

And he will give you your heart's desires. Think about that sentence.

Many times I am guilty of keeping my desires to myself--more like wishful thinking that I keep tucked away. Things that I feel silly to talk to God about. Things that I feel guilty wanting--when we have already been given so much. Things I don't think could ever be mine. It's silly. Silly because--guess what--he knows the desires of my heart. He knows me. He created me. He knows before I even ask.

This new house that we have been blessed with has been a reminder to me that God DOES know the desires of my heart. And, not only does he know them, he promises to GIVE them to me--if I delight myself in Him. And that just moves me to tears. In fact, in this house, he gave me more than I could ever imagine. More than my heart desired. More than I could have ever dreamed or dared to think could be mine. He didn't just give me my heart's desires--he did that AND paid attention to the tiny little details. Details that just make me smile. I know it is just bricks and mortar, but to me it is a reminder of His promises. Every single time I pull in that driveway I am awestruck. I find myself aimlessly wandering around the house, stopping in doorways and staring--how did He know? And why did He give? Why? Because He loves His children and keeps His promises.

So, what is your heart desiring? Tell Him--cause he already knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you