This one is really easy.
I don't typically make my sweet potato casserole from canned yams. I prefer fresh sweet potatoes, but I thought I would give this a try for an easy dish.
-2 cans (1 lb. cans) of yams
-1/2 cup of butter (yikes!)
-3/4 cup of brown sugar (divided)
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 cup of white sugar
-1/4 cup of pecans, crushed
-1 can of crushed pineapple (optional)
1. Drain yams. Add to mixer bowl.
2. Melt butter and add to yams.
3. Add 1/2 cup of brown sugar, white sugar, and cinnamon to mixture. Add pineapple, if desired.
4. Pour into a casserole dish. Cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes
5. Combine pecans and remaining brown sugar. Top casserole with this mixture.
6. Cook a remaining 5 minutes in the microwave until the topping bubbles.
Obviously, the microwave speeds this dish up. You can cook it in the oven - it will just take it longer to cook. If you have more time you can substitute the fresh potatoes in place of the canned yams.
With that much sugar and butter how could this not be good??
My kiddos gobbled it up!
Summertime Sweets
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you