Thursday, August 20, 2009

Parenting with one hand behind my back - only until Sunday

BB left yesterday on a trip to Mississippi with my parents to visit his great-grandparents. He won't be back until Sunday.

I am realizing several things:

1. Our house is really quiet without his sweet voice filling the air.
2. Our bed is really big without him in the middle.
3. Meals are a lot less eventful when he isn't filling his spot at the table.
4. Riding in the car with a very quiet LB isn't nearly as fun as riding down the road answering a million questions from BB.

5. Taking care of one child is a piece of cake. (When you are used to taking care of two, that is. Don't want to offend any of you who are parents to a single child.)

Will and I remember feeling exhausted, overwhelmed, and very busy as a young married couple. UNTIL...we had BB. Then, as I think most of you parents would agree, we realized that we had had a whole lot of time on our hands and we were really kind of lazy. With BB in our family, we thought we were busy, we thought we had no free time, and we couldn't seem to find a minute alone with each other...then LB came along...

...turns out, I could take care of one child with one hand tied behind my back. I'm experiencing once more while LB is an only child until Sunday.

BUT...I sure do miss my BB :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you