This week's tradition--painting sugar cookies.
Many of the traditions I do with my own family were traditions that from my childhood. This tradition was always my favorite. Each year we got together with 2 other families to paint Christmas cookies together.
The Moms would make homemade cookie dough, roll it out, and cut out lots of adorable cookies from Christmas cookie cutters. It was our job to paint them. So much fun.
We continued this tradition well into my adulthood and then with my own children.
Super easy.
This year I just used pre-made cookie dough--shame, I know. The cookies weren't as delicious as the ones from my childhood, but my kids didn't know that--they loved them just the same.
Roll out the dough and cut out shapes.
Here's how to make the paint:
-2 egg yokes
-2 tsp. of water
Mix these two things together. Separate into small bowls (I use the little tiny cooking/ingredient bowls) and add food coloring.
Use clean paintbrushes to "paint" the cookies. Then bake them like normal.
Start a tradition!!!
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you