Each year we decorate a gingerbread house. I wish I could say I am all crafty and make my own gingerbread and such--but, alas--I'm NOT.
I totally purchase a gingerbread house kit. I do, however, buy extra decorations (M&M's, icings, gum drops, etc.) because the kits don't have nearly enough for our gaudy house :)

We have been doing this tradition for 3 years now. It is always so much fun to decorate the house, lick icing off our fingers, and be together while we do this.
I did spice things up this year by purchasing a kit that had 5 mini gingerbread houses in it--as opposed to one big house.

We each got to decorate our own little house. (If you do this, I would recommend putting the houses together before hand--that was time consuming and little people don't like to wait!) I display them on the cake stand in my kitchen for the entire winter season. I put marshmallows all around them to look like snow. It all dries in a few days and keeps well for months while on display.
Start a tradition or tell me about yours :)
OOh, good idea. I like how you use it as decoration.
ReplyDelete