Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Guns and boys

I've always sworn that if I had little boys I would NEVER allow them to have play guns. I'm still on that kick--but, I know you should never say never.

BB got a Nerf gun for his bday. I wasn't sure about that at first. I know. I know. They are boys. But still. I really hate guns.

I let the Nerf gun slide--after all, it was fun to take turns shooting each other.

LB, naturally, wanted one of his own. So, we got him an identical one. Then, BB got a 6 barrel one for Christmas from his after school gift exchange. That one was WAY cooler than the single shot ones we had. One of my sweet students knew I was feeling left out and abused not having a gun of my own--so, she hooked me up with my own 6 barrel. (Am I seriously blogging about Nerf guns? Wow!) So, we each have one.

I got a text from a friend this week saying she was cleaning her son's room and he wanted to get rid of all of his Nerf guns. I said--of course, send them this way.

And BOY did she deliver.

I came home Monday night with a sweet surprise for my fellas. A bag full--and by bag I mean, one of those SUPER large storage Ziploc bags--and by full I mean, won't close and so heavy I had to drag it--of awesome Nerf guns.

Including this one...and about 7 others.



Now, that folks, is a Nerf gun. And about 7 others.

We have had so much fun playing with our new toys this week. I am definitely finding little Styrofoam bullets all over our house.

Big Daddy had the boys lined up on the door shooting them. Here is LB. Hehe!!!

1 comment:

  1. We have this same Nerf gun and the boys love it! Will loves it too (=

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you