We have our little party on the Saturday closest to February 14th. Of course, my decorations are out. I cook dinner, have some fun desserts, we play a few silly games, shower the kiddos with gifts, we take some pictures, and just enjoy each others' company. (It is rare that we are ALL together.)
Food
This year, like the other 3, I served soup. I also made these scrumptious sandwiches and fresh salsa.
For dessert, we had these cream cheese bars - except, I cut them into heart shaped bars. We also had lemon delight dessert in these sweet little mini cups. They were presh--if I say so myself.
Games
-Each year I have a jar of some type of Love Day candy. I make everyone guess how many pieces are in the jar.
-In the past, we have played a mini version of the Newlywed game. This one always get people in trouble--especially the men :)
-This year we played a fun game. All the men sat on the couch with their eyes closed. One by one the women passed by and the men had to feel a body part (an APPROPRIATE body part)...we started off with elbows, then we did thumbs, knees, ears...then the men had to guess which was their spouse. It was hilarious.
-Of course, the winner from each game gets to select a prize. I have a bag full of prizes--chap stick, lotions, candle, candy, chocolate, etc.
Each year we take two pictures--one of all the men and one of all the women. These pictures are taken in the same spot each year. This year, I printed them all off and had them in a mini album. I am looking forward to adding the two pictures every year. Makes for a great little memory book.
Ok--I guess I am done with the Love Day posts :)
I also made these little treats this year--for BB's school teachers and a few other people. They are always an easy and yummy treat.
Did you know I blog stalk you? I do. Secrets out.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, you are precious. A v-day party? With games? I am totally doing it next year.
Ps - I made your stromboli last week. Delish. Haven't had that since I was little...and Trey had never had it! Thanks for sharing.