Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Overdue recipe

Our computer crashed...well, really DIED last week...hence why I didn't get to post a recipe from our week.

I know you are dying.

Here is the recipe for my favorite salsa from my aunt.

SALSA
-5 cans of mild Rotel
-1 onion
-1 bunch of cilantro
-juice of 1 fresh lime
-garlic pepper to taste
-salt to taste

1. Drain liquid from 4 of the cans of Rotel. Toss liquid. Put tomato mixture in food processor along with the complete contents of the 5th can.
2. Remove the leaves from the bunch of cilantro. Add to processor.

3. Toss in the onion.

4. Squeeze in the lime juice

5. Process

6. Add garlic pepper and salt (LOTS of salt)

Enjoy!! I'm warning you...your breath is going to reek the next day :)

FYI: I served my delicious salsa on tacos last week. I love to use my Classic Batter Bowl from Pampered Chef to create taco bowls. I put my soft shells down into the bowl and cook on 300 until they are crispy and golden. I usually do this the night before since you have to create the bowls one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you