Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My cooking demands

The McMommy Chronicles inspired me to write about my cooking demands.

1. I gotta have my crock-pot. - Sure...I can cook without it, but who wants to when it will do all the work for me. I have worn my crock-pot out, literally. The knob has broken off, the handles on the side have cracked off, BUT she still can make a mean meal.

2. I gotta have a coloring book and crayons. - WHY? To keep BB busy, of course. Even though I use my crock-pot 80% of the time, there are still preparations that go into our meals...side dishes, desserts, etc. I get his coloring book and crayons out to keep him busy and I am free to cook for up to an hour. (seriously. the kid loves to color.) If Wade is around, I have to have our magnetic refrigerator toy to keep him occupied.

3. My iphone. - I like to listen to praise and worship songs on my ipod while I'm mixing ingredients. I put it on "shuffle" and BB and I sing along.

4. A simple recipe. - Nothing fancy. I don't keep fancy ingredients on hand. I need something that uses "normal" ingredients/spices. I prefer a recipe that uses frozen meat, because it's hard for me to remember to sit that stuff out :)

5. Help cleaning the kitchen afterwards. - NOBODY leaves until it's clean. The only one who is exempt from cleaning is Wade. The more help, the faster the job gets done and we can all go relax and play.

There it is...you want me to cook? you want to enjoy my meals? my demands.

1 comment:

  1. I seem to have a little less "organized" dinner time...need to have some of you rubbed off on me ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you