But also, I want to teach my boys to be servants. To serve each other. To serve our family. So, I came up with this little idea to encourage service at our house.
Our definition of service: doing something for someone else without being asked
We each have a cup with our name on it. When you are CAUGHT serving you get a marble in your cup. The key word is CAUGHT. You can't call it to anyone's attention. You just have to serve and someone else has to recognize it.
I must say, it has increased the level of service in our house--in the little ones and the big ones :) It has also increased awareness of when others are being servants. We WAY simplify it for LB, but even he gets what he has to do in order to get a marble.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you