It's been a week since I have blogged-it's been even longer since I have done a Truthful Tuesday. I have some good material for you.
1. We have been so insanely busy that I haven't had time to go to the grocery store. Sunday morning all we had in our refrigerator was: 5 cans of Sprite, about 6 eggs, applesauce, and about 5 bags of shredded cheese (and all the condiments in the door, but that doesn't hardly count). Saddest news is that it had been that way pretty much all week long. We have been eating out WAY too much recently because of this. (I finally went to the store Sunday night--we are back in business again.)
2. Because of #1, sweet Allie had to eat 2 cups of Cheerio's for breakfast Sunday morning because we were out of dog food and the stores in our little town don't open until Sunday afternoon. We didn't even have enough treats to give her as breakfast. Lucky for us, she didn't care.
3. The speedometer on my car is broken. I have been driving for over a week now without having a clue how fast I am going. (Did I mention we have been crazy busy?) I just gauge my speed by those around me. Big Daddy is taking a personal day from work today to catch us up on matters such as this.
4. I have had pudding Halloween treats from the beginning of the month in my refrigerator. They went bad A LONG TIME AGO. I just kept leaving them in the refrigerator because I didn't want to deal with cleaning out the little individual serving bowls (can we say LAZY!!). The smell finally got so bad Sunday night that I bit the bullet and washed them out (plus I had to make room for all of the new groceries). OH THE SMELL!!
5. BB spent the night with his grandparents on Friday, as usual. He told Gigi that I hadn't made him brush his teeth since Fall Break (2 weeks ago). I don't THINK that is true. I can't remember. That's bad.
6. BB asked the other day if he could change his underwear because he had been wearing those for a few days. (Guess that means it is time for a bath, huh?)
Geez. I'm losing it, aren't I? Fall festival season just about puts us under every year. Thankfully, they are both over and we survived. Life (and things like bathing and brushing our teeth) can now resume.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you