Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ever have those moments?

Ever have one of those moments when life catches up with you?

When you look around and wonder how you got here? Where time has gone?

I have tons of pictures of my children all over my desk area in my classroom--all different ages. I'm one that can't replace the baby picture with a more up-to-date big boy picture. I love looking at their sweet little baby pictures and remembering all the precious memories. One morning this week I had a moment to spare (RARE!) and just glanced at their sweet faces behind those glass frames. It only took a few seconds for my eyes to swell and for tears to stream down my face. My babies. My precious gifts from God.

The one that made me cry the most is the first picture of my boys taken together. BB was 2 1/2 years old. He was holding a very tiny LB while sitting in the hospital chair. BB has a grin on his face that appears a mile wide in my eyes. Now...well, now that baby is OLDER than his big brother was in that picture. How? How is that possible? That big brother is in kindergarten and comes home talking about quotation marks, sentences, reading, writing, and science. That baby, who I cried so many tears over, is almost 3 and is growing up before my very eyes (compliments of his big brother).

Sweet, sweet babies. Sweet, sweet memories.

Yep, I'm crying again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you