I've set resolutions (I actually prefer the word GOALS.) the past two years. The same goal for two years in a row--and neither ever happened. So, see, my point exactly...
I have been reading The Happiness Project. I love it. I didn't start reading it in enough time to get the ball rolling for January, but I loveee the idea. It is a very easy read. Check it out.
So, this year? No major serious goals. I'm gonna finish reading the book and see where it leads me.
I did, however, want to get rid of a few things in my life. Maybe for a short period of time, maybe a long period of time, maybe permanently. Not sure.
Chocolate, fried foods, and carbonated drinks.
Why?
Chocolate--it holds me captive. I can never get enough. I run to it when I am happy, sad, stressed, burdened. Too much. Way too much. And eating it only creates in me a desire for more. So--I'm putting it down and stepping back. No chocolate. No chocolate covered things. No chocolate chip things. Nothing. I'm tired of running to it for comfort. I'm tired of feeling guilty when I down too much of it. I had a few headaches the first few days after such a drastic cut back, but 13 days in and it feels good. Really good. Not to mention that it's gotta be good for the waistline. :)
Fried foods--Despite the fact that they taste so yummy going down, I hate the way fried foods make me feel. Sick. Greasy. Oily. Fat. Unhealthy. Too many times I am guilty of being on the run, hungry, and not prepared, so I drive through and make an unhealthy food choice. No more. This is the year for it to stop. The hardest realization of this was the fact that chips and donuts are fried. Sad news. I'm a chip-a-holic. No more. Only baked things for me. It really has me paying more attention to labels. Again, this one will be good on my waistline, as well.
Carbonated drinks--Ok, this one was more to show support for Big Daddy. I do NOT have a carbonated drink problem. I'm not really even that big of a fan. They never have satisfied my thirst. Don't get me wrong, I do love a Dr. Pepper (diet or regular) with a pizza or a sandwich every now and then. Big Daddy, on the other hand, is an addict. I'm trying to support him by giving them up also. I've had a few cravings--only cravings associated with certain foods tho--but this one has been easy!!
Stay tuned. I'll keep you updated.
Another problem with the whole no chocolate thing. When everyone knows you are a chocolate addict, they tend to shower you with the stuff. Look what brought in for me one day last week. I can't toss the goods in front of my kiddos, so I let it sit until no one is watching. Talk about temptation!!!! (Ps--I didn't eat the other swiss cake roll--promise!)

13 days down--only 353 left (stupid leap year!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you