Tuesday, January 31, 2012

One month down--one day at a time

The month is over--and guess what?
I went all 31 days without chocolate, without fried foods, and without carbonated drinks. Go me!!! I'm just taking this one day at a time. One day. One step. At a time.

In other news this month--I started carving out time to run and to exercise. I got Jillian Michaels 2009 for our Wii and I love it. I have been doing a mixture of Jillian and running at least 5 times a week. Good for the mind, body, and soul.

The end of this month also marks one month using the "I was broke. Now I'm not." budget. We love it. Just this month alone we have put down $600.00 on debt and have saved $100. Plus, saved $120.00 for Christmas 2012. If you have not had time to check it out--you should. It's all FREE. Unlike Dave Ramsey, Joe advises you to build your emergency fund BEFORE killing all of your debt. His reasoning? If you don't have money in an emergency fund to use when an emergency arises, you will just continue to build your debt. We are working hard at it. We have lots of old habits to break and lots of new habits to learn. One day at a time.

So--I think this year's theme is ONE.DAY.AT.A.TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you