Tuesday, May 4, 2010

April Goal Report

Whew!!

This month has been a crazy one. Here is an update on how we are progressing on the *number* goals we set in January.

Debt Reduction- This is been a terrible financial month. I know you have experienced one of those before. One where things are breaking left and right. One where everyone's clothes are too small. One where a million bills are due. You feel me??
  • First, the beloved car had 3 leaks- $300.00 (not going to bash the car because that is still cheaper then we were paying in a single month's car payment when we had our truck).
  • Then, the boys' clothes were both drastically too little. How is is possible that my soon-to-be four year old is wearing 5T's? His shirts from last summer were looking like midriff shirts. His shorts were looking more like Daisy Duke's. LB was born in an season opposite of BB, so a lot of things won't work for him. So, new summer clothes for both kids- $115.00.
  • I have been accumulating a lunch charge for the entire school year. I decided I better pay it off this month- $90.00.
  • I paid our house payment online, but somehow it failed to process. So, our house payment was late and we had to pay fines.
  • I recorded a $115.00 deposit - TWICE.
  • It was my hair cut and color month - won't even go there on the price for that.
  • And...to top things off...at the beginning of the year I signed our ENTIRE family up for the wrong health coverage plan. And by wrong I don't mean a BETTER one...a STINKY one. One that covers nothing!!! We are paying out of pocket for scrips and doctor visits. Fun times. We filed a grievance and were denied.
BUT, you know what??? God knows our intentions and knows our hearts. He knows we want to honor Him with our finances. He knows. We are committed to giving Him our first 10% and are trusting that he will always provide for us. Some months are harder than others. We DID NOT create more debt this month...amazingly. We did pay $100.00 down.

Running Goal (500 miles this year)- I'm on track. I am enjoying longer runs these days. The weather has been perfect. Often times, I run after dark. It is so peaceful and so rejuvenating for my soul. My sister is trying her darnedest to talk me into training for a half marathon on September. I can't make up my mind. She and my dad completed their second one this month. Don't know if I am ready for that. Verdict is still out. This month I logged 41 miles, which was right on target for April.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you