my crew and I will be loaded in the car and on our way to Florida. I can't even tell you how ready I am to sit my bum on a sandy beach. I totally deserve it. We take a vacation every summer but I swear it feels like two years lapse between each one.
My fabulous parents have rented a sweet little house on the beach for us (my parents, my family, and my sister and her husband) to share.
I am so ready. You don't even understand.
I want the sand between my toes.
The sun on my face.
The sound of waves crashing on the shore in my ears.
I want the sweet smell of sunscreen to be all over my children.
I want to hear their sweet laughter as they play in the ocean.
I want to taste salt water on my lips.
I want to build sand castles.
I want to dig sand out of everything we own.
I want to collapse in the bed each night from sunshine exhaustion.
I want to collect shells.
I want to tan.
I want to eat all.day.long. And, whatever I want.
I want fresh crab legs.
I want to take a nice run by the beach.
I want to shop, shop, shop at all the nearby outlets.
I want to relax.
One more month...it will be a nine hour haul to get there...but, BY GEORGE, we are doing it. And fast...cause Momma is ready to be.on.the.beach.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
Me too! Moving from NC, where we were 1hr, 15min from the closest beach has been so hard! We will be headed to FL with Bryan's family in 2 1/2 weeks. Which beach? I think we're at Ft. Walton. Love your list... ditto!
ReplyDelete