Fab 5 Friday (Yes, technically I know it isn't Friday...but, it kind of is. Today I am making up our recent *flood day* at school. So, while you are relaxing it up at home, I will be trying my best to squeeze some more education into my class of 5th graders.
This week: yard edition
1.) Earth Options Insecticidal Soap- Got bugs? Got bugs that eat your beautiful plants? I do. Am I the only one who is devastated to find the leaves of my plants destroyed and eaten when I do my afternoon walk around the house? I don't know what is doing it, but in one night my Hosta leaves were gnawed through. I have found the solution- Earth Options. This products is made by Raid and this line includes a variety of different sprays. The insecticidal soap contains a variety of soaps that kill the bugs that are out to eat and harm your plants. Works like a charm.


2.) Ant Stakes- What about ants? Do you have those too? They must love us-actually LB. About 15 minutes after meal time they start marching in to devour the feast that LB has left on the kitchen floor. Last year it was so bad that I had to, by hand, wash down the floors after each meal. I swear, they could find the smallest of crumbs and then send an army in to tackle it. Very annoying. I'm over it this year. My defense= ant stakes. As soon as the problem started this year I ran out and purchased these. I positioned them all around our house and they keep the ants out. 

3.)Round-up- Or whatever brand you wish to use. You can't have beautiful flower beds without this stuff (don't even get me started on the fact that we should just pour some of this stuff all over our yard...there wouldn't be anything left of it). Go ahead and splurge for the big daddy pump and spray container. I make a round around our house every other day. It feels so invigorating to squirt those nasty weeds and watch them die.die.die.
4.) Off Skintastic Family- In our neck of the woods the mosquitoes are TERRIBLE. You can hardly go outside without being eaten alive. This spray has a much more pleasant smell than traditional Off and it is safe for the entire family. I just coat all of us in it before we step out of the garage.
5.) Miracle-Gro- Oh!!! I love Miracle-Gro. I am sooo ready to start watering my plants with this stuff- right now they are getting all the water they need from the endless rain we are getting. I purchase the singles (think like a flavor packet for your water bottle) for my potted plants that are on the porch. I have the watering can that attaches to our water hose- I use that for our yard flowers. Either way- this stuff will make your plants grow exponentially and will make them bloom like crazy.
Do you have any Fab 5?
4.) Off Skintastic Family- In our neck of the woods the mosquitoes are TERRIBLE. You can hardly go outside without being eaten alive. This spray has a much more pleasant smell than traditional Off and it is safe for the entire family. I just coat all of us in it before we step out of the garage.
5.) Miracle-Gro- Oh!!! I love Miracle-Gro. I am sooo ready to start watering my plants with this stuff- right now they are getting all the water they need from the endless rain we are getting. I purchase the singles (think like a flavor packet for your water bottle) for my potted plants that are on the porch. I have the watering can that attaches to our water hose- I use that for our yard flowers. Either way- this stuff will make your plants grow exponentially and will make them bloom like crazy.
Do you have any Fab 5?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you