Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Costume Mishap

BB LOVES to dress up.

This past weekend he actually wanted to dress up like......a bird!!! Who dresses up like a bird? How do you even do that?

With his 4th bday quickly approaching, Big Daddy and I have some little surprises for him. He has a Superman costume coming his way- and a Scooby Doo one coming from Gigi and Pop. I also ordered a Batman costume for him. I purchased all of them, very reasonably, from Amazon.com. The Batman costume came in a toddler large. I'm thinking...that's a size 5ish, right? WRONG!!! The thing arrived this week and it was ever bit as big as I am.

So, one night this week things were getting a little boring around the house. Big Daddy had surgery on his knee last week and has been out of commission. The kids are whiny. I am exhausted. They want DADDY!!!! I want DADDY!!! I needed something to spice things up around the house. So...I ran out of sight and slipped into the adult sized costume. I ran through the house whipping my cape back and forth. I got a chuckle...from everyone. BB was devastated that he didn't have a costume. I explained the costume mishap and promised to exchange *mine* for one that would fit him.

Fast forward to Sunday morning-
BB's sweet Sunday School teacher tells me that BB shared the following information with her.

SS teacher: "BB, what do you want for your birthday?'

BB: "I want a Batman costume like the one my Mommy wears."

Oooooooooooooooooooooooo-kay.

Dear BB's Sunday School Teacher,
Please forget all about BB's little comment about the "costume like the one Mommy wears". Please forget all about it. I promise, I am not a weirdo. I don't run around the house dressed up like super heroes. It was all a big mistake. I'm exhausted from parenting alone for days on end now. I was just trying to lighten the mood at my house. This was not...I repeat...this was NOT an act to make Big Daddy's day (or year as far as that goes)....and if it was...my children would certainly NOT know about it. Please forget the visual that you must have gotten of me soaring around the house in a Batman suit. Just forget this whole thing ever happened. And please...PLEASE...don't ask my child any more questions- questions that could lead to him leaking personal, private family information.

Sincerely,
Bat Mommy BB's Mommy

3 comments:

  1. That may be the funniest thing you've ever posted! Seriously, you had me laughing out loud! LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwahaahahahaa...thats hilarious!!!

    Everytime I babysit my nephews I hear a very long (in detail) story about my brother and sis-in-laws love life and day to day activities. Cracks me up. And makes me realize I go outside to talk on the phone or dont have important conversations with paul until the kids are in bed! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. I can't begin to tell you how hilarious this is. I knew it, Hannah. I knew it. Since the leopard pants in high school, I just knew it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you